20140612

Chris Burden


Born in Boston in 1946, grew up in Cambridge, Massachusetts, France and Italy.
An American artist working in performance, sculpture, and installation art.



SHOOT  (November 19, 1971)

"At 7:45 p.m. I was shot in the left arm by a friend.
The bullet was a copper jacket .22 long rifle.
My friend was standing about fifteen feet from me."







 Trans-fixed (April 23, 1974) 

"Inside a small garage on Speedway Avenue,
I stood on the rear bumper of a Volkswagen.
I lay on my back over the rear section of the car,
stretching my arms onto the roof. Nails are driven through my palms onto the roof of the car. 
The garage door was opened and the car was pushed half way out into the speedway. 
Screaming for me the engine was run at full speed for two minutes. 
After two minutes, 
the engine was turned off and the car pushed back into the garage. 
The door was closed."






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...