20130529

Alex Kanevsky


born from the provinces in Russia 

studied in Lithuania and Philadelphia 

I am a slow learner......
I am also fairly slow when it comes to actual painting. 
我畫的又慢又沒有耐性
Slow but impatient.
That can be a problem, 
但慢慢的我把這種矛盾融入了我的作品。
but over time I figured out how to turn this contradiction into my own way of working.
I can’t do slow and methodical accumulation painting: 
如果要我畫精心準備的一點點積累的東西,我會悶死的。
I get bored with careful, planned sort of activity. 
我的創作依靠於對新鮮的東西的感知,
I also depend on freshness of perception, 
也就是佛所说的“禅者的初心"。
what zen-buddists call “beginner’s mind”. 
但是畫著畫著你就沒有那種新鮮感了,
That is difficult to sustain over a long period. 
After a while you are just not a beginner. 
於是我就一次又一次的重頭畫起,
So I work fast, trying to hit the right note every time. 
That is nearly impossible, so I constantly fail. 
But I keep coming back to a painting. 
一層又一層,
It accumulates layers, 
每一層都是完整的一副作品,
each one - more or lass a complete painting. 
完整但是失败的作品,
Complete but failed. 
The layers are sort of like Swiss cheese - 
they have holes through which in right places you can see the previous layers. 
Eventually there are enough of “good holes” and also, 
because of all the repeated attempts, I manage to do a good top layer.
直到最終我得到一副強烈的在每個部分都讓我滿意的作品,
And then I have a painting that has enough intensity in every passage to satisfy me. 
這樣就成了。
Then it is done.


DSC1776

DSC7207

DSC1186

DSC1792

DSC1201

DSC7208

DSC1203

DSC8531

KanevskyLoanKanevskyInterior

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...